Sunday, July 6, 2008

My New Blog...

I've joined the blogosphere in a nerdy, self-indulgent attempt at staying connected with friends as I get settled in the "real world." Posts will include trip reports, random thoughts, rants, and none of the above. For those of you with short attention spans, I will try to include a 1-2 sentence summary at the bottom of each post labeled "bottom line" and a link to an associated Picasa album if applicable. For those of you who like pretty pictures, there will be plenty of embedded pictures and links to pictures on Picasa. The first few posts (backdated like Apple stock options) describe my trip to the Collegiate Peaks of Colorado with Katy L. and Alex P. These will probably make the most sense read bottom up. The title background of the blog is one of the spectacular views from the summit of Mt. Princeton.

I decided to stick with my old AIM screen name for the title of my blog. I would like to note that this SN was created before the latest penguin craze, initiated by March of the Penguins. The exact origin of the name is unknown even to me, but it came into existence circa 7th grade. I think Billy Madison and its penguin scene may have been fresh in my mind. In any case, I was looking for something easy to remember with no numbers (remember your 7th grade SN, which was probably something like "cooldude78140543"?). My passion for penguins has lived on in the form of the penguin dance (ask an OA leader). So I've decided this would be a good title for my blog. Please enjoy, and feel free to litter my blog with irrelevant and irreverent comments.

3 comments:

  1. yay sam!! your trip looks like it was spectacular & i'm excited to follow your adventures. when do you head out to seattle? i'm deporting myself today (long story) so i'll be up in the PNW for a little while if you'd be up for some seattle-area adventuring. talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JERK! You've had your blog up for 1 day and it's already SO MUCH COOLER than mine. You realize you've just destroyed any attempt I was going to have at dealing with life this afternoon, and it will now be spent in a desperate attempt to reclaim my self-blogging-esteem and fix it. ARG! On the other hand, thanks for the photos! Penguin hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. SAM! I've been dying to tell you--I taught the penguin dance to the third graders that I'm teaching this summer. They love it more than you do (if that's possible), and now we do the dance every day before lunch.

    I need to bring a "hero" into the classroom for inspiration. Maybe you could come down to Phoenix and lead the class in the dance? All of Room 6 would be honored.

    ReplyDelete