Thursday, August 28, 2008

Seattle

Hal and I arrived in Seattle on Tuesday after 2576 miles of driving.  Since then we have been involved in a whirlwind of shopping and trying to safely navigate the bizarre maze that is Seattle streets.  So far our apartment consists primarily of boxes and sleeping bags.  I'm on my way to the airport soon to pick up Colosimo - we're going to see DMB at the Gorge Ampitheatre (2.5 hours east of Seattle in the middle of nowhere, on the Columbia River Gorge) this weekend.  Once I get my life together, I'll post more details and pictures of our westward voyage and call Sharon (hi Sharon!).

3 comments:

  1. It should be observed that boxes (technically, "boxen") are in fact an order under class Insecta (sub-class Endopterygota), and thus undergo complete metamorphosis. Most our boxen have happily pupated and are now filling the room with mating calls, courtship displays, hunting, and other distinctive boxen behavior (a long-legged specimen is, at the moment, engaging in a submissive social behavior wherein it lets me sit atop it and make overwrought jokes).

    Sadly, the discarded shells of boxen pupae are a nuisance to dispose of, especially those from invasive Swedish species.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sam!

    Close call there -- I went to Pton/NYC for the weekend and almost missed this. looking forward to that phone call and life update.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sam, I miss you lots! Come drive down south to sf and we'll go hike in the northern bay or sonoma!

    ReplyDelete